What is a USDA Home Loan?
USDA home loans are designed to help make purchasing a home more affordable for those who live in rural areas. The U.S. Department of Agriculture insures the loan and protects the mortgage lender in the event that the buyer defaults on the mortgage.
What are some of the benefits and requirements of a USDA Loan?
- If the home meets USDA Eligibility you can qualify with zero money down.
- Monthly Mortgage Insurance is required and typically costs less than PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance) that you would pay with a conventional loan.
- Similar to a Conventional Loan, an appraisal is required by an independent third party to confirm that the home is valued at the amount being financed and meets USDA standards.
- A minimum FICO credit score of 640 is required to qualify.
- Click Here to check eligiblity.